Tuesday, July 18, 2006

hot summer days

I'm sorry that whenever I post I seem to be tired. The cause is being at work. As most of you know, I really don't enjoy my job. It's fine in and of itself, but it's not suitable for a personalities like mine. I won't go into details about my personality because I'm sure you can supply enough adjectives yourselves. Being a teacher - even being one in an innercity area - looks like heaven to me. I can't wait! Right now I'm re-reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" to see how I would deal with the racial issues and gender role issues in the book if I were to teach it to a high school class. Since it is such a beloved book, if you've got thoughts on this I'd love to hear them.

I have finally begun going to the gym again. I had two short starts and stops - but now I have a routine - and I'm a creature of habit for sure. Every morning I go in with the attitude that I'm going to show that elliptical (sp?) machine who's boss. It about gives me a heart attack every time. The max I've been on it without a break is 10 min. I keep trying to beat that but I haven't yet. A friend of mine used to work on that forsaken thing for long long periods of time while talking to me and while she was pregnant. so obviously I'm not fit. I am however, pretty strong for a lazy daisy. And I can already tell I'm stronger - so if I could convince a bit of the pudge to go away I'd be even more pleased with the results. I'm definitely sleeping better too b/c I'm exhausted. ha! The upper and lower halves of my body rotate the days that they torture me. If one day my arms hurt, the next my legs hurt, and then arms again and so on. Whoever said it gets easier is a liar. Initially it gets harder, maybe after six weeks or months or who knows of dedication it gets easier, but it hasn't yet.

P.S.
yes, Andy is still studying for the GRE.
no, we haven't picked a school yet. we're trying to do that asap.

give us a ring or drop us a note - we love to hear from you! Come visit! We'd love to have you!

No comments: