Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"shut down to a whisper"

I'm feeling quiet tonight, so it is funny to me that I felt like writing.
Andy's at Damage Inc. practice. They've made a DVD that he loves to show off if you're interested.
As soon as I can figure out how to make the clips into managable sizes I'll post it here.
Well, my momma bought me a new sewing machine (the last one she gave me on my 11th birthday and I still had it) and I made a pillow tonight on it. It's very cute. It was a trial run for all the stuffed bunnies and turtles I'm about to make for the slew of babies that are about to be born into my family.
So far my sister-in-law Emily is having a girl in March. My cousin, Elizabeth, is having a boy, Cooper Knapp, in Feb. and my big brother's wife is having a boy the day after my birthday in April, his name will be Maxwell Boone Cooper. Cool name, huh. very Texan to me.
I'm listening to A Fine Frenzy and it makes me feel alone.
Kinda like Radio Head or Tori Amos used to make me feel.
I went back to school today. I was surprised to see that some of my students may have actually missed me. I was crabby by the end of the day so my poor 7th hour was dealt with harshly, but they need a kick in the pants.
Andy and I have done a complete overhaul of our house. We've gotten rid of probably a third of our belongings (I let go of 11 pairs of shoes... I was ashamed to know that I had so many to let go of! One pair I forgot I had!) and have begun being more GREEN. Why? Well, because as the bumper sticker says (if you see one rip it off for me) "God is Green." We've always felt that living simply is better for our checkbook, but we didn't realize how much it impacted our poor neighbors, you know the other 90% of the population.
So, if you'd like, I'll mail you a copy of "Serve God, Save the Planet" or if you're the theological type (I'm not, I prefered the practicality of the first title) I'll mail you "For the Beauty of the Earth." OR better yet, Inter-Library loan them from your local library. I'll tell you how to do that if you need help.
I'm out of words and it's past 9. I'm sick with a old bad cold and I'm worn out from talking to more than one human being in a day. Breaks are good, but I have anxiety when I have to get back out of myself and out of my nest.
God bless you in the new year.
Oh - almost forgot.
My new year's resolution.
May I be a better steward of the blessings God has given me. Especially, my time, my health, my family, my friends, energy, food, the Earth.
I love you, God. I love you. Thank you for your abundance and please keep me from taking advantage.

1 comment:

A Rocha USA said...

Hi, my name is Dustin and I work with Christians in Conservation: A Rocha USA. I noticed that you mentioned the book "Serve God, Save the Planet" in your post, and I thought that you might like to know that sponsors its author, Dr. Matthew Sleeth, as a "creation care evangelist." We would love for you to check us out at our website, en.arocha.org/usa. You might also be interested in the website for Dr. Sleeth's book, www.servegodsavetheplanet.org.