Thursday, March 19, 2009

spring break or "the best-laid plans of mice and men..."

"... often go awry."
I had just glorious schemes for getting projects done during spring break. Now it is almost over and all I've done is sleep, eat, cook, and research diapers (there is a lot of info out there -- I promise this was my one worthy task). But I meant to finish not one, but two sewing projects, pack up the house, get the Wellston yearbook completely planned out, and my last eight teaching weeks fully planned (just in case little buddy comes a little sooner -- did you hear that, Nathan?).
It is so nice outside today that I think I may get out and do a little yard work, even though that isn't one of the planned projects.

Nathan is moving like a hyper-active kid again the past two days. He is constantly wiggling around (and I'm glad, because he's breached and I want him to work himself to a better position) and moving my stomach like a person wiggling jello. Andy finally saw some of this action last night and was appropriately freaked out. It makes me laugh whenever Andy sees it, and it makes me happy whenever I see it on my own (like now). I'm having a lot of back pain now though, and it is mostly because it takes so much effort for me to get up from a sitting position, to bend down, and to do things (like the dishes) that require me to bend because my belly is too far out for me to reach the faucet and sink otherwise.

This past weekend was my baby shower and it wasn't as embarrassing as I thought it would be. In fact, there was such a whirlwind of presents that I kind of lost track and began worrying that my guests were bored to death. Later that night I went home and sorted through everything and it made me feel much more prepared for Nathan's arrival. I like to plan things way in advance (I normally have Christmas planned in the summer) and I haven't been able to do much of that until now. I still can't really set up a nursery, but I did pack up the things he won't be able to play with or wear, and set the things he will use out in as cute as possible ways.

My family spoiled me that weekend too, since they all came up (well, all the women) and my sister and sister-in-law planned the whole thing. My sister, my mom, and my Mema, stocked my fridge and took me out to eat and took me to baby stores. It was a lot of fun to be with them, and it made me a little sad to see them try so hard to love me that weekend. I'm going to miss them a lot when we move, because it is so much farther away and I don't know how much travel will be possible on our limited budget.
Anyway, it was a wonderful weekend and now I better go get some of those plans completed before my spring break completely slips away from me.

No comments: