Wednesday, September 06, 2006

foggy-brain day

I just had two people visit the Museum. If that weren't strange enough, they were French, but they live in Israel, and are now vacationing in Arkansas. What? They made me nervous. Probably because I haven't spoken more than ten words to anyone (besides Andy) today and the rare occasion of having visitors in the Museum requires that I speak to other humans. Those other humans are normally either strange or strangers.

My brain is in a cloud. This is usually a self induced state (not with drugs, but with daydreams and novels) but today I think it's that evil stress again. I'm worried about where we're going to be, where we're going to live, what we're going to be able to afford, where I'm going to work, what I'm going to do (kids or more school? kids or more school?) and if we're going to have enough money. This is silly, you say. Well, of course it is. I know that. Everything has always worked out -- just as my foggy brain is now reminding me -- "in all things, God works for the good of those who love him" (Bible, Romans 8:28). I know that. I have personal experience examples of that caretaker characteristic of God's, but I'm still stressed.

Neither of these paragraphs state what is foremost in my mind today. The second season of Lost became available for purchase yesterday. So why doesn't my video store have it for me to rent yet? WHY? I'm so excited! I think I'll call them again to ask if it has arrived. Just so you know, the check-out people at the video store know my full name b/c of how often I was in their store to rent Lost previously.

No comments: