Thursday, September 14, 2006

oh no!


I'm out of sugar free candy! I'm fiend-ing.
(Wouldn't it be interesting to study the history of that slang term? A fiend can mean someone who is an addict or who is interested in something. So if I'm fiending for something - I'm missing the thing to which I'm addicted.)


I'm getting a perm today. Yes, folks, a perm. I'm a little scared. You can imagine I'm sure. I don't want to be a bad perm statistic. But I'm going to go for it anyway. The only male at the salon (I trust male hairstylists b/c I figure that they wouldn't be in such an effeminante business if they weren't good at it and didn't enjoy it.) told me that I needed a body wave, a soft perm. I need it? I don't need it but if it changes my flat hair into not-so-flat hair, I'll be pleased. If it changes my flat hair into big Napoleon Dynamite hair, I'll not be pleased. You'll hear all about it if it's bad.

Right now I'm reading "Absalom, Absalom!" by Faulkner for my master's exam, "Great Expectations" by Dickens for my class and "The Mists of Avalon" by Bradley for fun. It's getting a little confusing, but I have different levels of focus for each one. The reading difficulty decreases as you go down my list. Does anyone know why Faulkner refuses to use commas in lists? Or why he's so ridiculously difficult? Kudos to anyone who reads his novels for fun. It's a worthy task but not a fun one.

Audrey is coming to visit tomorrow; I'm very excited! Andy'll be taking the GRE exam in less than 48 hours. Yes, he's freaking out a bit -- not as much as I expected, though.

No comments: