Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Half of the semester is over

and it is making me panic. I've a lot left to do! To Andy it seems like a relief, I guess because he's excited about moving on and because it is easier for him to forget what is going on and focus only on school. I have trouble doing that.

I finally finished my resume so I'm mailing my application for alternative certification in Oklahoma tomorrow. I don't think I'll get it before the new year so I doubt I'll find a position for the spring semester. I suppose I'll look around for editing jobs or secretarial work since I'm fairly good at that sort of thing. It's not what I really want, but it will be a nice brain-break and it will pay the bills. I'll just have to see what God has in store for me.

We're moving into our apartment Friday and I'm looking forward to having a kitchen to cook in again. No matter how much I enjoy staying with someone, I'm always happy to be back in my own space. Have you ever thought of what things or feelings you associate with your home? I wrote an excellent paper on this topic (very few of my papers are good, I produce maybe one a year) and I might share it because I think this topic is interesting and easy to talk about. Everyone has something to say about their home or lack of a home. Feel free to share. I really appreciate those who have commented on past blogs! It is encouraging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like all your new pics and info on the right side of your blog. please tell me it hasn't always been there 'cause then i would look/sound really dumb.
either way - they're fun!

Anonymous said...

I know how it is to be in a place that is not your own. When we were in Japan I felt so out of my own space. After awhile it became easier for me. I hope you like your new place and kitchen. It is a lot harder for us women to be in someone elses kitchen.