Wednesday, October 25, 2006

surprised by a solicitation

As you know, I don't make friends quickly. I keep one, maybe two, close friends at a time. Since Nellie and since moving from my hometown, I've had a hard time figuring out if people like me. I feel awkward when I talk to people and I'm sure that most of them misread me.
I really do like people.
For the first time I've actually been invited to the annual Halloween English dept. party. People have asked me if I was going before, but no one (until yesterday) actually said they wanted me to go. I was so pleased that I said I'd go despite the fact that I'm completely uncomfortable at parties. One of my classmates said he would bring Catch Phrase, which I hope he does since I'm very comfortable playing games with people. In fact, I love it. I'm so competitive that I'm sure I annoy others -- but I love it so much that I don't care. I don't know what I'll do if people just stand around and talk.

No comments: