Monday, October 16, 2006

a little relief

Well, I feel much better. We are now living in our simple undecorated tiny apartment and I am thrilled. I didn't realize how stressed I felt about staying in the Wilkin's home because I was afraid that we (especially Daphne) would damage it. I also feel less stressed because I talked to my dean on Friday and he told me that he doesn't think I'll have a problem passing the exam and he gave me a few tips on how to alter my preparation for it. Also, my boss is allowing me to use vacation time for the whole week before the exam, which is on a Saturday.

My Dad told me that I should write that Andy and I won't be able to give Christmas presents this year because we're too busy with school and moving. Well, he's right. Did you read that Dad? I acknowledged that you are right. However, he forgot how obsessive I get about Christmas presents. I shopped for almost everyone at the beginning of the summer. I don't have presents for a few people, so if you're one of those (of course, you won't know if you are one of those until Christmas) read this. I'm going to modify Dad's advice a little and give those, for whom I haven't shopped for, gift cards of modest amounts. That way I won't have to shop or wrap anymore than I have already. Moreover, we won't be able to afford to give presents except to our immediate families -- I've made something small for the extended family, but we don't have the time or money to give anything to our friends this year. I know you probably don't care, but I love giving gifts and I wish I could give everyone I care about a token of that feeling.
Anyway, I thank you for understanding!

No comments: