Thursday, August 03, 2006

detox stress

I think I need to go to a stress detox center. A few years ago I had a stress test done and I was tremendously off scale. So off scale in fact that it predicted that I'd have heart problems.
They were wrong. I'm obviously still alive.

I missed a lot of work today b/c I had to get two new tires for my car. I sat in Wal-Mart for at least two hours. That's stressful. Oh my. People are bonkers.

And I'm wondering about buying my mother-in-law's car. [Andy is in Oklahoma checking it out, getting his teeth cleaned, and having an interview with a prof. from OU.] Whenever I make a big purchase I can't sleep. Two days before I bought Andy a spotting scope (not for a gun but for birds) I couldn't sleep and it made me a wreck for a week.

Please no one say Let Go and Let God. As wise as that may be it doesn't work for me because I'm not afraid of the outcome. Life just brings stress and we have to learn to deal with it. (I am NOT saying that prayer doesn't help, it does. I just don't like cliche statements.)
So I'm going to go home in about thirty minutes and I'm going to have some chocolate milk and I'm going to watch a movie. Then I'm going to bed. Yes, Andy, before dark.

I thought I might sleep with my shotgun beside me and the bullets in my pillow case but I decided (just now) that it would be silly.
Please pray that I won't have scary thoughts or dreams while Andy is gone.

Discovery of the Day: Stephen King is actually a GOOD writer. I had no idea. I hope that the people who have heard me gripe about what I coined "literary crap" are amused b/c I'm agreeing with the masses. The book "Different Seasons" has the novellas that the movies, "Shawshank Redemption," "Apt Pupil," and "Stand by Me" were based on. They might be worth your pennies (I bought mine for 76 cents) or checking out of your local public library. ;)

No comments: